Calhoun Middle School open house will be Thursday, Aug. 5. Seventh and eighth grade: 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. Sixth grade 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Calhoun High School freshman orientation — civic auditorium — Aug. 4, 6 p.m.
Lockers assignments will be available at 5 pm.
Parents of returning students, please bring picture ID and one proof of residence from any of the following:
Home ownership title (warranty deed, quit-claim deed, or security deed); Lease or rental agreement with name, address, and/or telephone number of leaser; Current utility (gas, power, water); Current government agency mail (food stamp/ Medicaid/ SSI statement); Current employer documentation (paycheck stub, health insurance statement);
New student registration checklist
If you are enrolling a new student with Calhoun City Schools, the items listed below must be presented upon enrollment. If you are enrolling a student who does not live within the city limits of Calhoun, you are applying as a non-resident and will need to meet with the principal of the school your child would like to attend prior to registration. When meeting with the principal, you will need to provide your child’s most recent report card, test scores, discipline, and attendance records.
1. Picture I.D. of Parent/Guardian or person enrolling student:
a. Georgia Driver’s license
b. Government-issued identification card
c. Work identification card
d. Other approved identification card
2. Documentation of Child’s Date of Birth:
a. Certified copy of a birth certificate or certified hospital issued birth record;
3. Social Security Card or signed waiver
4. Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Georgia DHR Form 3231)
5. Georgia Eye, Ear, and Dental Exams Certificate (Georgia DHR Form 3300)
6. Proof of Residence. (Current is defined as within the previous 30 days)
a. The person enrolling the student shall provide proof of residency. One of the following items with the physical address of the residence must be presented.
Home ownership title (warranty deed, quit-claim deed, or security deed);
Lease or rental agreement with name, address, and/or telephone number of leaser;
Current utility (gas, power, water).
Current government agency mail (food stamp/ Medicaid/ SSI statement);
Current employer documentation (paycheck stub, health insurance statement);
Current bank or financial institution statement;
a. If the person enrolling the student is not the responsible occupant of the residence, the following items are required for proof of residence.
The Statement of Legal Residence must be signed and notarized by the parent/legal guardian and the residence owner/lessee. If parent/guardian is enrolling more than one student in the district, each student should be listed on form and copies provided to each school; AND
The residence owner/lessee must provide one of the documents from the above list in item (a).
7. Previous School Information (unless entering Kindergarten):
a. Withdrawal form from previous school; OR
b. Name, address, phone and fax number of previous school.
In addition, please complete a Records Request form.
A school system representative may visit the address given by any parent/guardian or person enrolling a student to verify residency.
The following documentation shall be presented if applicable:
8. If person enrolling student is not the biological parent, legal proof of guardianship is needed (court documentation or DFCS documents). If guardianship documentation is not provided, student shall be provisionally enrolled for 30 days with a Non-Parental Affidavit Form in order for person enrolling student to obtain necessary court/government documents. If court/government documents are not presented within 30 days, student may be withdrawn from school.
9. Any court orders or legal documents that prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or child’s educational records. If you are a grandparent with physical custody but not legal custody, please complete a Grandparent Power of Attorney Form.
10. Non-Resident Contract (click here for form)
The following forms must also be completed for registration:
1. CCS Enrollment Form
2. CCS Clinic Form
3. Residency Questionnaire
If the above student qualifies as homeless in accordance with McKinney-Vento Law, the above documentation is not required for enrollment, but as much documentation as available is appreciated.