Mt. Zion Baptist Church in Resaca is hosting a community-wide Easter egg hunt Saturday to serve the people of Resaca and beyond, said pastor Calvin Anderson.
The church is hosting the event for children as old as nine, or children in the third-grade.
“This is a way for us to reach out and say we are there for the community, we appreciate the community,” said Anderson. “We are more than just a church on Sunday. We love the community.”
The hunt will be divided into different age groups, with prizes including 12 special eggs containing "Jesus Watches."
The event begins at noon and runs until 2p.m. and church is located at 247 Mt. Zion Road East of Resaca off Highway 136.
For those not local to Resaca, Meadowdale Baptist Church will be hosting an Easter event Saturday at the Gordon County Fairgrounds.
This year’s event will feature thousands of eggs, inflatable slides and refreshments.
“We’ve done Easter Egg hunts for years,” said Myra Atkins, administrative assistant. “It gets bigger and bigger each time.”
The event is for children through age 11, or fifth-grade, and is a part of Meadowdale’s children’s ministry.
First Baptist Church in Calhoun is also having an Easter egg hunt Saturday beginning at 11 a.m. The church will “hide” about 1,000 eggs for children 10 and under, there will also be a devotional and refreshments, the church is located at 411 College Street in Calhoun.
Community Easter activities: Friday, April 2
- Adairsville Baptist Church invites everyone to this Good Friday Service at 6 p.m. The adult choir will present an encore of the Easter cantata, “I Know My Redeemer Lives,” followed by a community communion service.
- East Calhoun Church will have a special miracle healing/ communion service Friday, April 2, at 7 p.m. If you need a healing or know someone who does, this service is one you do not want to miss.
- Calhoun First Presbyterian Church will hold a prayer vigil on Good Friday (April 2) from 1 till 7pm and the community is invited to join us.
Saturday, April 3
- Mount Pleasant United Methodist Church will be hosting an Easter egg hunt Saturday, April 3. Lunch will be served at 12 p.m., and the Easter egg hunt will follow. The church will also have a Sunday service at 7:30 a.m. with a breakfast following the service.
- Come share in the tradition of an Easter egg hunt at Adairsville Baptist Church at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 3. Enjoy great food and fellowship that begins with the Easter story. There will be egg hunts in a variety of ages and prizes for all.
- The Mount Zion Baptist Church of Resaca will host a community Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 3, from noon to 2 p.m. for children through 3rd grade. The hunt will be divided into different age groups with fun for all. There will be prizes including 12 special eggs containing "Jesus Watches." All the children of Resaca are invited. The church is located at 247 Mt. Zion Road East of Resaca off Highway 136. The church also extends a special invitation for everyone to join them for Sunday School and Easter Service beginning at 10 a.m. for high attendance Sunday.
- Oostanaula Baptist Church will have an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 3, from 11 a.m. from 1 p.m. There will be free food, door prizes and games. For more information call 770-548-7746.
- Meadowdale Baptist Church will host a Children’s Easter Egg Hunt at the Cherokee Fairgrounds. Saturday, April 3 1 p.m.-3 p.m. - Children’s Easter Egg Hunt at the Cherokee Fairgrounds.
Sunday, April 4: Easter
- Word Harvest Church of Calhoun will be having a special, Easter Sunday Celebration featuring "The Prodigal God." Service will begin Sunday, April 4, at 10:30 a.m. Immediately following the service, there will be a treasure hunt for children of all ages. Everyone is invited to attend. The church is located one mile east of I-75 on Red Bud Road in Calhoun. For more information, call 706-602-1919 or visit the Web site at www.whccint.com.
- Sugar Valley Baptist Church will hold an Easter sunrise service Sunday, April 4, at 7:30 a.m. The service will be held outside, weather permitting.
- Evergreen Baptist Church will have a sunrise service at 7 a.m. Sunday, April 4, at Fidele Cemetery in Gordon County. In case of rain, the service will take place at the church.
- New Hope Baptist Church on Highway 156 in Ranger will have Easter service Sunday morning, April 4, at 7 a.m. Breakfast served after the service.
- New Zion Baptist Church will have sunrise service Sunday morning, April 4, at 7 a.m. Rev. Steve McDougle will bring the message.
- Living Water Ministries, located at 5730 Fairmount Highway, will have a sunrise service on Easter Sunday morning, April 4, at 7 a.m. There will be special singing, and the message will be brought by Minister Darlene Johnson. Regular morning service will start with Sunday School at 10 a.m., morning worship at 11 a.m. with special Easter singing.
- Living Water Ministries in Calhoun will have an Easter Service April 4, at 7 a.m. There will be anointed preaching and singing and for more information call Pastor Rick Adcock at 706-602-4430.
- Boone Ford Baptist Church, in Calhoun will have an Easter sunrise service on April 4 at 7 a.m.
- Haven of Rest Memorial and Gordon Memorial Gardens invites families and friends to the Easter Sunrise Service, April 4, at 7 a.m. The Easter sunrise service will be held at Haven of Rest Memorial Gardens for both cemeteries, refreshments will be served. Special speaker will be Johnny Parker and special singing will be Richie Parker. If you have any questions, please call 706-625-9515
- TrueNorth Church will have Easter services Sunday, April 4, at 9 and 11 a.m. at the Harris Arts Center. Come join us as we love, grow, serve, and share. For more information about the church, visit mytruenorth.cc
- The Calhoun/ Gordon County Ministerial Association will host a sunrise service at 7 a.m. at Chandler Cemetery Sunday, April 4.
- Come join the Easter Celebration at Meadowdale Baptist Church. Dr. Steven F. Pearson, Pastor and the members of Meadowdale invite everyone to come and worship with us. The Church is located at 1811 Rome Road, SW, Calhoun, Georgia. For more information please call 706-629-9997. 7 a.m. Sunrise Service-Rev. Tim Erwin will be preaching. 8 a.m. Easter Breakfast. 9:45 a.m. Sunday School. 11 a.m. Morning Worship - Dr. Steven F. Pearson will be preaching.
- Bethel Baptist Church, on the corner of East May and Peters Street, in Calhoun, will be having an Easter Sunrise Service beginning at 6:30 a.m. with a fellowship breakfast to follow in the fellowship hall. Sunday School will begin at 9 a.m. with worship service at 10 a.m.
- Come honor the resurrection of Jesus Christ in worship at Adairsville Baptist Church Sunday, April 4, beginning at 11 a.m. A nursery will be available.
- A community-sponsored sunrise service will take place Sunday, April 4, at 7:30 a.m. at Sugar Valley Historical Church. For more information, call 706-629-0893.
- Hill City Baptist Church will host sunrise Easter service at 7 a.m. with breakfast to follow. Hill City Baptist Church Easter church service will begin at 10:30 a.m. The service will include an Easter musical and play. Also, Sue Hix, a sign language interpreter, will be performing during the 10:30 a.m. service.
- Liberty Baptist Church in Ranger will host a sunrise service April 4 at 7 a.m. Brother Shane Parrott will bring the message.