The Town of Resaca purchased the Ingle House located on Highway 136 at the intersection of Sunshine Drive, and the property is accessed by a road known as Ingle Circle.
Prior to the purchase of the property, the Town was sued over whether Ingle Circle was a public road and the superior court of Gordon County ruled that it was not.
It is the intent of the Town Council of Resaca as owner of the property and the road known as Ingle Circle to dedicate Ingle Circle as a public road, to be open to the public and to be maintained by the Town of Resaca, according to the resolution.
If the Town ever disposes of the Ingle House property, the road shall remain a public road.
The Ingle House was built in 1887 and is considered a prominent piece of Resaca history. The interior of the house has been refurbished and is currently available for both public and private functions.