* Gordon County Park & Recreation announces the opening of Salacoa Creek Park camping, fishing, and boat rentals. The season runs through the first weekend in November. The hours of operation will be from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. Fishing fees are $3 for adults, $2 for students and 5 & under is admitted for free. Please call 706-629-3490 for reservations and more information.
* The George Chambers Resource Center, in a fundraising effort, will be hosting a commu-nity yard sale June 11 from 8 a.m. till 1 p.m. Join us for a day of great fun and fellowship and great deals. All donations are greatly appreciated and will help in the effort of assisting adults with developmental disabilities. For more info. contact Shane Swift at 770-878-1275 or Joan Miles at 706-629-2987.
* The Upper Bottom Mud Bog will take place at 7130 Dry Creek Road in Summerville, Ga. June 11. Gates open a 9 a.m.; starting time is noon. $10 adult admission will to St. Jude Chil-dren’s Research Hospital. Kids 10 and under – free. Drivers come early - $10 entry fee to run. Helmet and seat belts required. T-shirts, caps, concessions and door prizes. For more information, call Andy – 706-857-6098 or Randy – 706-766-2335 or visit www.upperbottom.org.
* Fairmount City Library will have a summer reading program every Saturday in June be-ginning at 10:30 a.m. Children of all ages are invited for a time of fun, exciting crafts and refreshments. The library is located at 150 North Avenue in Fairmount (at the square
* The Emmaus Road trio will perform at the Seventh-day Adventist Church Saturday morning at both services and again at 7:30 p.m. For more informatio about the band, visit http://erqmusic.com/