This SPLOST collection ends in December 2012.
Gordon County Government
1. County Judicial Complex, including land, design, utilities, construction and jail equipment for a 300 +/- bed jail with Sheriff offices, Magistrate Court offices, courtroom, public defenders office and other related office space
Budgeted: $25 million
Total spent: $32 million
Status: Completed in Jan. 2009
*A loan was taken out by Gordon County to pay the overage to finish this project. That loan is on track to be paid-off by 2029
2. Courthouse repairs, including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, roof, windows, HVAC, painting, carpeting and plaza repairs.
Budgeted: $1 million
Total spent: approximately $700,000; $300,000 under budget
Status: Nearing Completion in Dec. 2010
3. County roads and bridges including $1.5 million in annual allocations to the Public Works Department for annual paving, resurfacing, and LARP Programs. Gordon County has public employees on staff to pave the roads. The $1.5 million a year pays the employees wages and benefits.
Budgeted: $9,000,000/ $1.5 million a year
Total spent to date: $7.5 million
4. Road projects with GDOT financial assistance including, but not limited to, Plainville Road widening.
Budget: $2.5 million
Status spent: not yet begun
5. New fire station including land, design, utilities, construction and equipment
Budget: $1.5 million
*The overage was absorbed by the fire reserve in the general fund for Gordon County
Status: Completed Sept. 2007
Total allotted for Gordon County SPLOST projects: $39 million
Total spent to date: $35,164,067