The individual is expected to be released from the hospital Saturday, said Palmer, who is the director of operations for finishing and distributing for Mohawk Home.
Palmer also said the building, which is used to manufacture Mohawk's floor mat products, suffered minor fire damage, and the facility was back to normal Thursday.
The fire is believed to have started in an electrical panel located within the building, said Palmer.
The Calhoun fire department was dispatched at 2:32 a.m. Thursday morning to Mohawk Industries, Inc located at 296 South Industrial Boulevard, according Calhoun Fire Chief Lenny Nesbitt.
Nesbitt said that one individual was transported to Floyd Medical Center in Rome Thursday morning, then later sent to the Augusta Burn Center.