The Calhoun City Fire Department was alerted at approximately 8:30 a.m. and was on scene by 8:33 a.m, according to the incident report from the Calhoun City Fire Department.
Calhoun Fire Chief Terry Mills determined the most likely cause to be electrical wiring in the second floor bedroom. The bedroom contained a dorm style small refrigerator, TV, computer and other electrical devices, and the point of origin was determined to be near these devices at the floor where multiple electrical cords were located.
The fire was unintentional and there were no human factors contributed to the fire igniting. The spread was confined to floor of origin.
The first unit arrived on scene and reported flames visible from the second floor roof area.
In the incident report, Battalion Chief Randall Poarch said he arrived on scene and began an offensive interior attack.
Additional firefighters arrived on scene and established a water supply and assisted their comrades with the interior attack.
Additional units and personal arrived on scene and assisted with extinguishment, salvage and overhaul.
The Calhoun Fire Department had eight apparatuses and 15 personnel on scene. The fire was listed as controlled by 9 a.m. and the last unit cleared the scene at approximately 11:11 a.m.
The estimated dollar loss was $20,000 for property and $5,000 for content in the house, and there were no reported injuries caused from the fire.